Mission Statement & School Aims
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
‘Learning and Achieving Together for Life.’
We believe that we can make a difference by working together so that our children are well educated and acquire the essential skills that they need for the future…… for life.
At Heygarth Primary School we believe that Every Child Matters and we aim to:
• Provide a broad, rich and creative curriculum that will challenge and support pupils to enable them to reach their full potential.
• Develop children’s respect for themselves and for others and a sense of pride in their community so that they can become good citizens.
• Provide a safe and secure learning community where the whole child can develop (academically, socially, emotionally, physically, culturally and creatively) and where all achievement is celebrated.
• Make learning relevant and fun in order to foster a lifelong love of learning.
• Be a fully inclusive school where all members of the community have equal opportunities - children, parents, volunteers, staff and governors and where positive contributions are valued.
• Promote an understanding of the need to take responsibility for any actions and to consider the related consequences.